Dairy Free Daiquiri Pie
|Sugar||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon (1 Envelope)|
|Fresh lime juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Eggs||3 , separated|
|Grated lime peel||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Green food color||3 Drop|
|Rum||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|9-inch graham cracker pie crust||1|
|Shredded coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) In a saucepan, mix the gelatin, 1 cup sugar and salt.
2) Stir in the water and lime juice, mix well.
3) Beat the egg yolks then stir into the gelatin mixture.
4) Stir continuously and cook over a low heat until the gelatin is dissolved.
5) Turn off the heat, then stir in the food coloring and lime peel.
6) Bring to room temperature, stir in rum and refrigerate
until the mixture is thick.
7) Beat the egg whites until soft peaks are formed.
8) Gradually beat in 1/2 cup sugar and beat further until the mixture is stiff.
9) Fold in the gelatin mixture and refrigerate for about 30 minutes or until soft mounds form.
10) Spoon into the prepared graham cracker crust and refrigerate for almost 5 hours.
11) Sprinkle with the shredded coconut on top.
12) Slice and serve on individual serving plates.
Calories 466 Calories from Fat 120
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g20.9%
Saturated Fat 7.4 g37%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 105.7 mg35.2%
Sodium 196.9 mg8.2%
Total Carbohydrates 75 g25%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.2%
Sugars 64.9 g
Protein 7 g14.2%
Vitamin A 2.5% Vitamin C 12%
Calcium 1.9% Iron 10%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet