Asian Cabbage And Tofu Pie
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Sesame oil||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Finely chopped cabbage||1 Liter (4 Cup)|
|Oregano||5 Milliliter (1 Teaspoon)|
|Basil||5 Milliliter (1 Teaspoon)|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Dash|
|Tofu||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Eggs||3 , separated|
|Tamari||10 Milliliter (2 Teaspoon)|
|9 inch unbaked pie crust||1 (No Roll Variety)|
1. Preheat the oven by setting it at 350°F or 175°C.
2. Take a skillet and heat oil in it.
3. Add onion and sauté it until it becomes translucent.
4. Add the oregano, basil as well as a few grains of cayenne along with the cabbage.
5. Stir the cabbage off and on over medium heat for 15-20 minutes until it becomes tender.
6. Take it off from the heat.
7. Take a blender and process the tamari, egg yolks and tofu together on low speed until the mixture becomes smooth.
8. Beat the egg whites thoroughly so that they become stiff.
9. Add the tofu mixture to the cooled cabbage by folding it in.
10. Stir properly.
11. Take the egg whites and fold them in too.
12. Put the total mixture into a pie crust, seal pie carefully.
13. Bake it by placing it in the pre-heated oven for 45 minutes.
14. Serve when the dish becomes sufficiently cool.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1998 Calories from Fat 1029
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 115 g176.5%
Saturated Fat 26.6 g132.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 634.4 mg211.5%
Sodium 2085.9 mg86.9%
Total Carbohydrates 185 g61.7%
Dietary Fiber 37.8 g151%
Sugars 45.1 g
Protein 70 g139.4%
Vitamin A 49% Vitamin C 631.3%
Calcium 75.9% Iron 110.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet