Yam Praline Pie
|Whole wheat pastry ii||1|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Grated nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Mashed peeled cooked yams||2 Cup (32 tbs) (3 Medium Pieces)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Light cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Praline topping||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Prepare the pastry and press into a 10-inch pie plate.
2. Beat the eggs, then beat in the sugars, spices, and salt. Stir in the yams. Gradually stir in the milk and cream.
3. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
4. Pour the filling into the pie shell and bake below the center of the oven for 10 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees and bake for 20 minutes.
5. Remove the pie from oven and sprinkle with the praline topping. Bake for 25 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
6. Cool completely before serving. PRALINE TOPPING: Mix 1/3 cup chopped pecans or walnuts, 1/3 cup brown sugar and 3 tablespoons softened butter.