|Rolled oats||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chestnut/Soy flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Approximately)|
|Parsnips||5 Large, peeled, sliced and steamed until tender|
|Sesame butter/Tahini, sesame paste||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. For the crust, mix together the oats, chestnut flour, whole wheat flour, and salt. Stir in enough water to make a moist but not sticky dough.
3. Pat the mixture into an oiled 9-inch pie plate to form a pie shell. Bake for 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, for the filling, mash the parsnips and stir in sesame butter and salt.
5. Fill crust and bake for 30 minutes.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 800 Calories from Fat 110
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.1%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 441.9 mg18.4%
Total Carbohydrates 160 g53.2%
Dietary Fiber 34.8 g139.2%
Sugars 28.7 g
Protein 19 g38.9%
Vitamin A 0.2% Vitamin C 141.7%
Calcium 35% Iron 47.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet