Crunchy Corn Flake Cookies
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Oatmeal||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Hazelnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Corn flakes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), crushed|
|Baking powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat oven moderately to 350°F (180°C).
2) Grease cookie sheets lightly with butter.
5) For the Electric Mixer Method cream butter in a bowl.
6) Beat sugar and cream together till fluffy.
7) Continue beating and add egg and vanilla extract.
8) In a large bowl mix remaining ingredients.
9) Blend to the creamed mixture and beat till smooth.
10) For the Food Processor Method, begin with creaming butter using the appropriate blade.
11) Beat sugar till fluffy.
12) While the processor is running add egg and vanilla extract and process well.
13) In a large bowl mix remaining ingredients.
14) Add the batter to work bowl one half at a time and process.
15) On the cookies sheets drop one tablespoons of the batter at a time.
16) Put in preheated oven to bake for 15 minutes till golden.
17) Place in wire racks and cool.
18) Serve as a snack with any hot beverage.