Carrot Corn Bread
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Whole Wheat Or Unbleached)|
|Yellow cornmeal||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Plain non fat yogurt/Nonfat buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cream style corn||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Shredded carrots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon, firmly packed|
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
3. In a separate bowl, combine buttermilk, corn, carrots, brown sugar, and egg whites.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix until well combined.
5. Use a nonstick square baking pan or line a square baking pan with a baking pan liner or spray with vegetable cooking spray.
6. Bake for 22 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center of the bread comes out dry. Slice into 8 squares.
Variations â– Substitute maple syrup for brown sugar.
Increase cream-style corn to 1 cup.
â– Add dried herbs or spice such as basil, dill, or cumin to batter.