|Cornmeal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk/Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Heat the oven to 450°F.
2) In a medium bowl, combine together the cornmeal, salt, and baking soda, whisk well.
3) In another bowl, whisk together the milk or buttermilk and egg.
4) Add the milk mixture to the cornmeal and whisk until combined.
5) In an 8-inch skillet, heat the oil by placing it in the oven for 5 minutes.
6) In th hot pan, pour the batter evenly.
7) Bake 25 to 30 minutes until set.
8) Keep it to cool briefly.
9) On a wire rack, invert the pan.
10) Serve the corn bread warm at room temperature.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 840 Calories from Fat 197
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g34.5%
Saturated Fat 3.7 g18.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 211.5 mg70.5%
Sodium 1779 mg74.1%
Total Carbohydrates 134 g44.6%
Dietary Fiber 11.7 g46.7%
Sugars 1.4 g
Protein 28 g56.7%
Vitamin A 5% Vitamin C
Calcium 3.7% Iron 35.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet