|Cornmeal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk/Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Heat the oven to 450°F.
2) In a medium bowl, combine together the cornmeal, salt, and baking soda, whisk well.
3) In another bowl, whisk together the milk or buttermilk and egg.
4) Add the milk mixture to the cornmeal and whisk until combined.
5) In an 8-inch skillet, heat the oil by placing it in the oven for 5 minutes.
6) In th hot pan, pour the batter evenly.
7) Bake 25 to 30 minutes until set.
8) Keep it to cool briefly.
9) On a wire rack, invert the pan.
10) Serve the corn bread warm at room temperature.