Microwave Corn Bread
|All purpose flour/Unbleached flour||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Pillsbury's BEST)|
|Cornmeal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Fill flour into measuring cup and level off.
2. In a medium bowl, mix flour, 2/3 cup cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda and salt; stir to mix all contents well.
3. Set aside.
4. Microwave margarine on high for 15 to 30 seconds in a microwave-safe bowl.
5. Mix in buttermilk, honey and egg until all contents are well blended.
6. Mix flour mixture and stir until dry ingredients are moist.
7. On an ungreased 8 or 9-inch round microwave-safe dish, pour the contents.
8. In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients and mix well.
9. Sprinkle it over batter.
10. Keep microwave on medium setting for 5 minutes, rotate dish once halfway through baking.
11. Set microwave on high for 2 to 2 1/2 minutes until corn bread pulls away from sides of dish, again rotating dish once halfway through baking.
12. Let it stand 5 minutes on flat surface.
13. Cut into wedges.
14. Serve as a snack.