|All-purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs), sifted|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Yellow cornmeal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted (1 Stick)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Blueberries||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), washed and drained|
1) Preheat oven to 375F.
2) Lightly grease an 8-by-8-by-2-inch baking pan.
3) In a bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
4) Put in the cornmeal, mixing well and set aside.
5) In another bowl, beat together egg, butter and milk, until well combined.
6) Add flour mixture, stirring only until moistened.
7) Transfer the batter into the baking pan and dredge the blueberries on top.
8) Bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden-brown.
9) Cut the cornbread and serve hot.
Calories 386 Calories from Fat 163
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28.3%
Saturated Fat 10.6 g53.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 79.3 mg26.4%
Sodium 397 mg16.5%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.1%
Sugars 12.3 g
Protein 6 g13%
Vitamin A 11.2% Vitamin C 3%
Calcium 24% Iron 13.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet