|White cornmeal||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Preferably Water Ground)|
|Eggs||2 , well beaten|
|Buttermilk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Bacon drippings||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2) Place an iron skillet in the oven to warm.
3) In a bowl, sift together the cornmeal, salt and baking soda.
4) In another bowl, beat the eggs and add in the buttermilk.
5) Stir the egg mixture into the cornmeal to make a smooth mixture.
6) Add in the melted butter.
7) Lightly coat the warm skillet with bacon dripping.
8) Spoon the cornmeal mixture into warm skillet.
9) Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until, golden brown on top.
10) Serve as desired.