Wheat Germ Cornbread
|All-purpose flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Yellow cornmeal||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Skim milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vegetable cooking spray||1|
|Wheat germ||4 Teaspoon (1 Tablespoon Plus 1 Teaspoon)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 425 degrees.
2) In a medium bowl, combine together the flour, cornmeal, sugar and baking powder. Stir till well blended.
3) Combine together the milk, egg and oil and add the mixture to the cornmeal mixture. Stir till the dry ingredients are damp.
4) Into an 8-inch square baking pan, that has been coated with cooking spray, pour the mixutre.
5) Sprinkle the wheat germ all over.
6) Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, till lightly browned.
7) Transfer the cornbread to a a decorative serving plate, cut into 3-inch squares and serve while still hot.