Country Corn Bread Dressing
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Corn bread||12 Ounce, cooled and crumbled (1 Pan)|
|Soft bread cubes||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Fresh mushroom||3 Cup (48 tbs), sliced|
|Celery||2 Cup (32 tbs), sliced|
|Chicken broth||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Poultry seasoning||4 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F
2. In a skillet, melt the butter or margarine over medium heat.
3. Add onion and sautÃ© it over medium low heat until soft and golden
4. Take pan off the heat and mix in the remaining ingredients one at a time.
5. Mix thoroughly and turn into a large size casserole.
6. Cover and transfer to the oven.
7. Bake covered for 1 hour.
8. Serve this as a side with roast poultry or use uncooked as a stuffing for a 10 pound turkey.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2389 Calories from Fat 1250
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 140 g216%
Saturated Fat 71 g354.9%
Trans Fat 1.9 g
Cholesterol 904.1 mg301.4%
Sodium 5793.9 mg241.4%
Total Carbohydrates 233 g77.6%
Dietary Fiber 21.6 g86.2%
Sugars 37.4 g
Protein 57 g113.7%
Vitamin A 101.8% Vitamin C 46.2%
Calcium 42.1% Iron 71.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet