Apricot Corn Bread
|Dried apricots||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Whole grain cornmeal||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Brewers yeast||1 Tablespoon|
|Lecithin granules||1 Tablespoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Corn oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , separated|
1) Preheat the oven to 350Â°F and grease a 8 X 8-inch baking dish.
2) Soak the dried apricots in water, drain and chop them finely.
3) In a large bowl, mix together cornmeal, brewer's yeast, lecithin granules, baking soda and apricots.
2) In another bowl, beat together oil, buttermilk, yogurt and 2 gg yolks. Add this to the cornmeal mixture and fold in to get a smooth batter.
3) Using a whisker, beat the egg whites from 2 eggs till they form stiff peaks. Fold the egg whites gently into the batter.
4) Pour the batter into the baking dish and bake for 25 minutes.
5) Serve the Apricot Corn Bread fresh out of the oven. You may even serve them the next day after toasting them.