Two Cheese Corn Bread
|Vegetable cooking oil spray/Little oil||1|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cornmeal||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Shredded low fat cheddar cheese/Monterey jack cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|1% low fat milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Olive oil/Canola oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2. Grease an 8-inch square 2-inch deep baking pan with vegetable oil or cooking spray.
3. In a large mixing bowl, sift together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the cornmeal, Parmesan cheese, Cheddar cheese,
4. In another bowl or measuring jar, beat together the milk, oil, egg, and honey .
5. Pour the liquid into the dry ingredients and stir quickly until well blended.
6. Turn the batter into the prepared baking pan and spread evenly using a spatula or back of the wooden spoon.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
8. Cut into about 2 inch squares and serve hot along with a soup or your main course.