Corn Bread Dressing
|Corn bread stuffing||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Boiling water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Precooked sausage||10 Ounce, partially frozen, sliced (1 Package)|
|Celery stalks||4 Medium, each cut in 1-inch pieces|
|Onion||1 Medium, quartered|
|Poultry seasoning||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Take a large mixing bowl, transfer stuffing into it.
3. Add butter to water and melt.
4. Empty over filling and toss well.
5. Using a disc fitted to a mixer bowl with slicing side facing up, slice sausage.
6. Place a 10 inch skillet with meat on medium to high heat and allow meat to turn brown.
7. Keep aside the drippings in skillet and add meat to stuffing mixture.
8. Mix butter well with drippings.
9. Using a knife blade fitted to a mixer bowl, chop celery coarsely.
10. Place in skillet.
11. Using a knife blade fitted to a mixer bowl, chop onion coarsely.
12. Sauté onion and celery to tender.
13. Mix celery mixture along with and poultry seasoning with stuffing.
14. Using a knife blade fitted to a mixer bowl, process egg along with water for 3 to 4 seconds.
15. Add to stuffing mixture and toss well.
16. Take a 2 quart casserole and grease well.
17. Empty mixture into it.
18. Place in the oven, cover and bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
19. Check for crispiness. If more crispy is desired, remove the cover and cook for 5 minutes more.
20. Serve as such.
The stuffing mixture can be used for stuffing a bird as well.