|Cornmeal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Shortening||3 Tablespoon, melted|
1) Preheat the oven to 375°.
2) Take a medium saucepan and mix cornmeal and salt in it.
3) Add water to this and stir well.
4) Pour in milk slowly, stirring until smooth.
5) Cook the mixture over low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
6) Mix together a small amount of hot mixture with the eggs.
7) Add this egg mixture to the left over hot mixture, stirring constantly.
8) Continue by adding in the shortening.
9) Take a well-greased 1 1/2-quart baking dish and pour the mixture into it and bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes.
10) If wished, garnish with parsley and serve.