Country Corn Bread
|Cornmeal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Cream style corn||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cooking oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shredded sharp cheddar cheese||6 Ounce (1 1/2 Cups)|
|Frozen chopped broccoli||10 Ounce, cooked and well-drained (1 Package)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°.
2) In a medium bowl, add cornmeal, baking powder, and salt to mix. Prepare a well in the center.
3) In another medium bowl, add eggs, cream-style corn, milk, and oil to combine.
4) Pour this egg mixture into the well and combine all together to moist and smooth.
5) Fold in cheese and broccoli, if you wish.
6) Grease a 9-inch square baking pan and pour the batter.
7) Place inside oven to bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
8) Serve the corn bread with delicious main dish recipe.