Thyme And Chili Cornbread
|Wholemeal flour||5 Ounce (1 Cup, 155 Gram)|
|Polenta||4 Ounce (3/4 Cup, 125 Gram)|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 Ounce (60 Gram)|
|Chopped fresh thyme||2 Tablespoon|
|Finely grated lemon rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Chili flakes||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||5 Fluid Ounce (155 Milliliter)|
|Olive oil||2 Fluid Ounce (1/4 Cup, 60 Milliliter)|
|Eggs||2 , lightly beaten|
|Fresh thyme sprig||3|
1) Take a large bowl to sift flour, polenta and baking powder, all together. Add husks back to the bowl. Mix Parmesan cheese, thyme, lemon rind and chili flakes to the bowl and combine thoroughly.
2) Take a small bowl to whisk milk, oil and eggs. Pour this mixture into the dry flour mixture and stir in to mix well.
3) Take 11 x 21 cm / 4 1/2 x 8 1/2 in loaf tin and grease it lightly. Pour the batter into prepared loaf tin. Use a knife to smooth the upper surface. Sprinkle thyme sprigs to garnish.
4) Set your oven at 190° C / 375° F / Gas 5 and place the loaf tin inside the oven.
5) Bake for 45 minutes or until the loaf turns soft and cooked by pricking with a skewer.
6) Let the loaf sit in tin for another 5 minutes or so. Turn over a wire rack and let it cool slightly.
7) Serve by topping with butter cubes.