Easy Cornbread Muffin
|Yellow cornmeal||4⁄5 Cup (12.8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned corn kernel||8 Ounce, drained|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||7⁄10 Cup (11.2 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄3 Cup (4.8 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 40 degree.
2. Prepare a greased muffin pan
3. In bowl combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt, set aside.
4. In another bowl cream the butter until the texture becomes creamy.
5. Gradually add the granulated sugar and continue beating until the butter and sugar are combined.
6. Add the flour gradually and mix, add honey, eggs, and milk.
7. Continue mixing until all ingredients is well incorporated.
8. Finally add the corn and mix everything well.
9. Pour the mixture and bake for 18-22 minutes or until the muffin passes the toothpick test.
10. Once done remove and allow to cool.
11. Serve with a cup of tea.
Calories 390 Calories from Fat 124
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.6%
Saturated Fat 7.9 g39.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 84.5 mg28.2%
Sodium 261 mg10.9%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.2%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8%
Sugars 27.1 g
Protein 6 g12.6%
Vitamin A 8.5% Vitamin C 0.08%
Calcium 5.3% Iron 10.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet