Roasted Turkey With Corn Bread Stuffing
|Olive oil/Unsalted butter, melted||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Kosher salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Chopped fresh rosemary/1 teaspoon dried rosemary||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry vermouth/Fresh lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 450° F.
2. Clean per Simple Roasted Chicken recipe
3. Combine the oil or butter, salt, pepper, rosemary, and vermouth or lemon juice, if desired, and rub or brush into flesh and skin.
4. Loosely fill the cavity with stuffing and place the bird on a rack in a roasting pan in the oven. Roast, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
5. Cover with aluminum foil. Reduce heat to 350° F. and cook for 3-4 hours (or about 15-20 minutes per pound). If desired, baste with drippings every 30 minutes.
6. If you are using a thermometer, place it deep in the inner thigh. The turkey is done when the internal temperature reaches 160° F. If you do not have a thermometer, you can tell that the turkey is done when the juices run clear from the breast and the leg moves easily.