|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), sifted|
|Cornmeal||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Egg||1 , lightly beaten|
|Sour cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cheese spread||5 Ounce (At Room Temperature)|
|Caraway seeds||2 Tablespoon|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Poppy seeds||2 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to hot (400° F.).
2. Sift together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt and sugar. Gradually add the egg and sour cream, stirring until well mixed.
3. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead gently a few seconds. Roll to one-eighth-inch thickness.
4. Spread half the dough with the cheese spread and sprinkle with the caraway seeds. Cut into shapes with a small floured biscuit cutter, or cut into squares with a knife.
5. Spread the other half of the dough with the melted butter, sprinkle with poppy seeds and cut into squares.
6. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake eight to ten minutes.