Grilled corn on the cob, yes, sign me up!! This is one of my favorite summery side dishes. I wouldn't even mind making it a meal, that's how much I love it. anytime I got to the state fair it's a MUST that I get me a fresh roasted ear of corn so that I can lather it up with butter, spices, and parmesan! Yum!! Anywho, this video will show you how to make some down right delicious corn (take that overpriced fair people!!) It's sweet and smokey and the spices just makes it ever better, although unseasoned grilled corn is just as good.
Corn on the cob
8 Medium (with husk)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted (1 stick)
Black pepper powder
Hickory salt/Applewood smoked salt
1. Remove leaves from husk.
2. Place corn in a large bowl and fill with water to cover the corn.
3. Be sure that corn is submerged and soak overnight.
4. Pour out water and shake off excess water from corn.
5. Peel back the husk, leaving the husk on about 2-3 inches on the bottom of the corn. Remove the silk.
6. Combine the butter and remaining ingredients into a bowl.
7. Generously brush the butter mixture all over the corn.
8. Place the husk back onto the corn.
9. Gather the husk at the tip of the corn.
10. Use a piece of fallen husk to tie a knot around the tip of the corn. This will hold the husk into place as the corn cooks.
11. Place on an oiled grill over medium heat.
12. Cook for around 30 minutes, turning every 5- 10 minutes.
13. Remove from heat.
14. In a serving plate, serve it with choice of meat or enjoy as it is.
Feel free to adjust the seasonings to liking! just butter, pepper and seasoning salt is delicious!