|Corn||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Black beans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Red peppers||1 Cup (16 tbs), roast|
|Scallions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Basil||2 Tablespoon, freshly cut|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Orange juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Balsamic vinegar||1 Dash|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
1. Heat a pan of water and add the corn and bring to a boil.
2. The corn should be cooked in 8-10 minutes. Using a fork, prick the corn and if the folk goes through without any effort, the corn is ready.
3. Drain the water and add the cooked corn to a bowl.
4. Add black beans, roasted red peppers, scallions and basil.
5. For the dressing: In another bowl, add olive oil, orange juice, balsamic vinegar and dry mustard and mix.
6. Add the dressing to the salad and toss.
7. Serve the salad as a side dish with your meat.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1401 Calories from Fat 210
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g37.8%
Saturated Fat 3.7 g18.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 73.9 mg3.1%
Total Carbohydrates 242 g80.8%
Dietary Fiber 48.3 g193.4%
Sugars 15.5 g
Protein 63 g125.9%
Vitamin A 119.8% Vitamin C 362.8%
Calcium 37.5% Iron 93.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet