|Corn||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Black beans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Red peppers||1 Cup (16 tbs), roast|
|Scallions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Basil||2 Tablespoon, freshly cut|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Orange juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Balsamic vinegar||1 Dash|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
1. Heat a pan of water and add the corn and bring to a boil.
2. The corn should be cooked in 8-10 minutes. Using a fork, prick the corn and if the folk goes through without any effort, the corn is ready.
3. Drain the water and add the cooked corn to a bowl.
4. Add black beans, roasted red peppers, scallions and basil.
5. For the dressing: In another bowl, add olive oil, orange juice, balsamic vinegar and dry mustard and mix.
6. Add the dressing to the salad and toss.
7. Serve the salad as a side dish with your meat.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1408 Calories from Fat 211
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.1%
Saturated Fat 3.7 g18.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 75.1 mg3.1%
Total Carbohydrates 243 g81.1%
Dietary Fiber 48.8 g195.3%
Sugars 15.6 g
Protein 64 g127.8%
Vitamin A 151.4% Vitamin C 371.8%
Calcium 42.8% Iron 98.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet