Creamed Corn with Crab Croquettes
|Sweet corn||8 Large (for creamed corn)|
|Half and half||1 Cup (16 tbs) ((1/2 cup for puree) for creamed corn)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for creamed corn)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (for creamed corn)|
|Sea salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (for creamed corn to taste)|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon (for creamed corn)|
|White pepper/Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (for creamed corn)|
|Tony's prepared crab cakes||1⁄2 Pound (for crab croquettes)|
|Panko||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (for crab croquettes)|
|Olive oil/Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (for crab croquettes)|
1. For creamed corn, in a large bowl, cut and place corn kernel.
2. Using knife back, scrape out corn cob, and extract milk. Put it in bowl. Keep it aside.
3. For crab croquettes, cut crab cake into bite size pieces and shape it into nice oval balls.
4. For creamed corn, in a food processor put half corn, keeping the other half for later use.
5. Pour ½ cup half and half in processor and puree until smooth.
6. In a large pot, put puree and add the remaining corn kernels.
7. Add ½ cup half and half, heavy cream, and butter to it.
8. Season with salt, cayenne pepper, and white pepper. Allow it to simmer on low heat, until it thickens. Stir occasionally.
9. For crab croquettes, roll the crab cakes balls into breadcrumb.
10. In a pan, melt butter, place crab cakes on it, and cook until they become brown on both side.
11. Remove crab cakes from pan and place on absorbent paper. Sprinkle little salt, if required.
12. On a serving plate spoon creamed corn, place crab croquettes on top and serve topped with tomato and green onion as garnish if you like.
Rub corn with a kitchen towel to get rid of hairs present on it.
Do not make the ball too thin. Roll the balls in breadcrumbs several hours before, because crab balls will fry better when they are cold.
Turn crab balls only when they are perfectly brown.
Calories 1205 Calories from Fat 590
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 67 g103.4%
Saturated Fat 28.7 g143.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 134.8 mg44.9%
Sodium 381.3 mg15.9%
Total Carbohydrates 140 g46.6%
Dietary Fiber 17.6 g70.6%
Sugars 20.9 g
Protein 33 g65.6%
Vitamin A 55.3% Vitamin C 74%
Calcium 12.1% Iron 19.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet