Star Spangled Favorites
|Sweet corn ears/Whole-kernel corn- 6 cans (12-ounce size), undrained||15|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Green pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Sweet red pepper/Pimientos- 2 cans (4-ounce size), drained and chopped||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Onion||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), chopped|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Mustard seed||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Celery seed||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground turmeric||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|White vinegar||2 2⁄3 Cup (42.67 tbs)|
1) Sterilize six pint jars with lids.
2) In a pan, boil fresh corn for 5 minutes and drain it. Put it into cold water and cool it, enough to handle.
3) Cut kernels from cobs. The kernels should be about 2 1/2 quarts.
4) Take a 6-quart Dutch oven and add corn, 2 cups water and all remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil and then decrease heat, and simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
5) Bring to a full boil and pack, boiling hot, into sterilized jar, leaving 1/8 inch headspace. Seal.
6) Use the corn whenever desired.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3332 Calories from Fat 262
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g48.2%
Saturated Fat 4.6 g23.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 6274.6 mg261.4%
Total Carbohydrates 773 g257.6%
Dietary Fiber 73.8 g295%
Sugars 393 g
Protein 81 g162.2%
Vitamin A 198.6% Vitamin C 790.2%
Calcium 30.2% Iron 97.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet