Corn, Egg and Swiss Bake
|Frozen whole kernel corn||20 Ounce (2 Packets, 10 Ounce Each)|
|Chopped green onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Shredded swiss cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), divided|
|Evaporated milk||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Soft bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , lightly beaten|
1) Into a 2-quart casserole, add in the corn and water. Cover and microwave on HIGH for 6 minutes.
2) Add in the chopped green onion, cover and microwave for 2 minutes on HIGH till the onion turns tender. Drain the mixture.
3) Add in 3/4 cup cheese, evaporated milk, bread crumbs, egg, salt and pepper. Stir to mix.
4) Without a cover on, microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes. Cook on MEDIUM for about 13 minutes till the mixture starts to set. Halfway through the cook time, give the dish a 1/2 turn.
5) Sprinkle the leftover cheese on top.
6) Microwave on MEDIUM for about 2 minutes or till the cheese has melted completely. Allow the mixture to stand for a couple of minutes before serving.
7) Serve the Corn, Egg And Swiss Bake garnished with chopped parsley leaves.
Calories 279 Calories from Fat 96
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.7%
Saturated Fat 5.8 g29%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 65.5 mg21.8%
Sodium 287.9 mg12%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g10.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.3%
Sugars 8.6 g
Protein 13 g25.9%
Vitamin A 16.8% Vitamin C 7.5%
Calcium 28.5% Iron 5.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet