Mom's Sesame Corn Crisps
|Coarse cornmeal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sesame seeds||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
|Peanut oil/Corn oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees C.
2) Grease 2 cookie sheets and keep them aside.
3) Boil water and meanwhile combine cornmeal, sesame seeds, salt and oil in a separate bowl.
4) Add the cornmeal mixture to the boiled water and stir in well.
5) Spoon out this cornmeal batter on to the greased cookie sheets (they can spaced closely as the batter does not spread).
6) Bake the cookies for about 20 minutes, till they turn golden brown and are crispy and dry at the edges.
7) When done, remove the corncrispies on to a wire rack (use a metal spatula for this purpose).
8) The corn crispies taste best with soups, salads and even guacamole.
(the leftover crispies can be frozen in airtight containers and warmed when required).
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 934 Calories from Fat 384
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g67%
Saturated Fat 6.9 g34.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1038.9 mg43.3%
Total Carbohydrates 127 g42.3%
Dietary Fiber 13.6 g54.5%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 16 g31.8%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C
Calcium 17.4% Iron 43.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet