Corn Stuffed Crown Roast of Pork
|Crown roast of pork||6 Pound (1 no.)|
|Canned cream style corn||17 Ounce (1 can)|
|Canned whole kernel corn||12 Ounce, drained (1 can, Vacuum packed)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Soft bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Pimiento||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
1) Have the crown roast of pork made from the strip of pork loin from which the backbone has been taken off.
2) Have the roast tied securely around the loin area, and also beat the bones. Also, have the meat -€˜Frenched-€™ by taking off 1-inch of meat from the rib tips.
3) Season the roast well.
4) Preheat oven to temperature of 325 degrees.
5) In a shallow roasting pan, place the prepared meat, bone ends up, and wrap the tips in aluminum foil to avoid any charring.
6) In the loin, insert a meat thermometer, ensuring that it does not rest on the bone or in the fat.
7) Roast the meat, uncovered, at 325 degrees, till the thermometer hits a temperature of 175 degrees (about 2 ½ to 3 hours of roasting).
8) To prepare the stuffing, measure and mix together all the remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
9) About 1 hour before the cooking time of the meat is over, fill the center of the crown with the stuffing (Corn Stuffing).
10) Put the remaining stuffing in a casserole and dot with butter.
11) Bake alongside the roast at 325 degrees.
12) Serve the roast while it is still hot. Green parsley or citrus fruit can be used as garnish if preferred. For custom-sized servings, cut between each roast rib. Serve the remaining Corns Stuffing on the side. Makes a good main course dish.