Sweet Corn And Tomato Pancakes
|Pancake batter||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|For the filling|
|Butter||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Mushrooms||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Canned sweetcorn||11 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can, 320 Gram)|
|For the dressing|
|Streaky bacon||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Natural yoghurt||5 1⁄3 Ounce (1 Carton, 150 Gram)|
|Chopped mint||1 Tablespoon|
|Double cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Watercress||1 (For Garnish)|
1. Make the pancakes.
2. Peel and chop the onion. Melt the butter in a pan, add the onion and season. Cook until soft but not browned.
3. Clean and slice the mushrooms and add to the onion. Cook for a few minutes. Drain the sweetcorn and add to the onion mixture.
4. Skin the tomatoes and chop roughly. Add to the sweetcorn mixture and cook for a few minutes.
5. Fold the pancakes into quarters; then carefully fill the cone shape which is formed with the sweetcorn mixture. Arrange on a plate and keep warm.
6. Remove the rind from the bacon and chop finely. Cook over a gentle heat until fairly crisp, then mix with the yoghurt, mint and cream.
7. Garnish the pancakes with bunches of watercress and serve the dressing separately.
Calories 298 Calories from Fat 120
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g20.8%
Saturated Fat 6.1 g30.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 27.7 mg9.2%
Sodium 579.8 mg24.2%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g12.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10%
Sugars 10 g
Protein 8 g16.6%
Vitamin A 15.9% Vitamin C 17%
Calcium 4.6% Iron 2.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet