Cheesy Corn Toast
|White bread slices/French bread slices||4|
|Garlic||1⁄2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Refined flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Warm milk||150 Milliliter|
|Yellow corn kernels||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs), steamed|
|Crushed pepper||To Taste|
|Hot and sweet sauce||1⁄2 Tablespoon (Optional)|
|Dried herbs||1 Teaspoon|
|Cubed process cheese||1 , grated|
1. Keeping aside 1 tablespoon butter, apply remaining butter on bread slices.
2. Preheat oven to 180 C.
3. In a medium pan, melt butter.
4. Add garlic and sauté for few seconds.
5. Add refined flour and remove off flame.
6. Using a whisk, mix well and return to flame.
7. Add milk, salt and pepper and keep stirring till sauce thickens. Ensure no lumps are formed.
8. Add corn, olives, hot and sweet sauce and dried herbs.
9. Simmer for 2 minutes and add cheese.
10. Stir and keep aside to cool.
11. Once mixture is cooled, apply equal quantity on each bread slice and grill on top deck in preheated oven for 6 to 8 minutes or till mixtures pale brown in colour.
12. Cut into triangles or in required shape, arrange on a platter and serve with tomato ketchup and chips.
Fear not if corn mixture is excess…you can always place it on crackers and call it your creation canapé
Also, use brown bread instead of white bread…..since its loaded with cheese, fussy kids wont complain.