Grilled Cornish Hen With Corn Relish
|Cornish hen||1 Pound, cut in half and pounded (1 Whole)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Dijon-style mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Dijon style mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Celery seed||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|White wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Green bell pepper/Red bell pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), diced|
|Diced bell pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Red / Green Variety)|
|Whole kernel corn||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), frozen|
|Frozen whole kernel corn||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Take a shallow mixing bowl made of stainless-steel or glass and blend the honey, garlic, vinegar and celery seed thoroughly.
2) Add the halved hen and turn over to coat it properly.
3) Refrigerate with cover on for an hour or keep overnight, turning it once in a while.
4) Pre-heat a gas grill or barbeque for 10 minutes at medium temperature.
5) Place the hen halves on the pre-heated rack of the grill or barbecue and retain the marinade.
6) Cook for 30 minutes turning it occasionally until it becomes tender.
7) Remove to a serving plate and keep it warm.
8) Take a nonstick saucepan of capacity 1-quart and heat oil in it.
9) Place the pepper and cook on medium-high flame for a minute, stirring often.
10) Add the retained marinade and corn, allowing it to boil and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
11) Take a small bowl and mix 2 teaspoons of water and cornstarch, stirring vigorously until starch dissolves.
12) Add it to the corn mixture and cook for a minute, stirring continuously until it becomes thick.
13) Pull out the skin from the hen halves and serve with corn relish on the side.
Calories 285 Calories from Fat 168
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.1%
Saturated Fat 4.8 g23.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 114.5 mg38.2%
Sodium 125.3 mg5.2%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.67 g2.7%
Sugars 2.9 g
Protein 20 g40.3%
Vitamin A 4.2% Vitamin C 24.9%
Calcium 2.3% Iron 6.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet