Corn Husk Barbecued Trout
|Trout fish||8 1⁄2 Pound, cleaned (Use Fresh)|
|Trout||4 Pound, cleaned (8 Pieces, 1/2 Pound Each, Fresh)|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Finely chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Dried marjoram||1 Teaspoon|
|For the stuffing|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
|Bay leaves||8 , crushed|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Lemon wedges||8 (For Garnish For The Stuffing:)|
1. Rub salt, pepper, parsley and marjoram on inside-out of fish
2. In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients for stuffing, mixing well.
3. Spoon stuffing into the fish cavities, dividing the mixture equally.
4. Wrap each trout with 2 slices of bacon.
5. Place each fish in center of a corn husk and wrap, sealing at the silk end.
6. Heat a coal grill.
7. Place the husk parcels directly on the coals without using a rack.
8. Cook fish for 7 to 8 minutes then turn and cook on the other side for another 8 minutes.
9. Place a fish in husk on each serving plate.
10. Unwrap and serve immediately with lemon wedges to squeeze on top of fish.
Calories 1178 Calories from Fat 538
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 60 g92.4%
Saturated Fat 16 g79.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 444.7 mg148.2%
Sodium 487.9 mg20.3%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g0.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.5%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 149 g297.4%
Vitamin A 30% Vitamin C 33.7%
Calcium 34.4% Iron 67.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet