|Fresh ears of corn||4 , cooked and cut from the cob|
|Fresh lima beans||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), shelled and cooked|
|Fresh spinach||9 Ounce, rinsed, drained and torn into bite size pieces (1 Large Bunch)|
|Bell pepper||1 , coarsely chopped (Green /Red Colored)|
|Red onion||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Lean pork||1⁄2 Pound, thinly sliced (Raw)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly squeezed orange juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely minced|
|Fresh lime juice/Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
1) In a large salad bowl, add the spinach, corn, lima beans, bell pepper and onion together, toss well to mix thoroughly.
2) In another bowl, cut the sliced pork in 1-inch strips, then sprinkle with the pepper, cumin and chili powder, toss well.
3) In a heavy heated skillet, sprayed with the non-stick vegetable spray, stir-fry the pork for 3 minutes or until the pork strips are evenly browned.
4) Remove the pork from the skillet and keep aside.
5) Then stir in the orange juice and garlic into the skillet and loosen the crispy bits over a high heat.
6) Boil to reduce the orange juice to 1/ 2 cup, then turn off the heat.
7) Stir in the lime juice and oil, blend well, then allow the dressing to cool to room temperature.
8) Pour the dressing over the corn mixture, toss well.
9) Then add the pork and toss to thoroughly combine.
10) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.
Calories 592 Calories from Fat 124
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.8%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 38.6 mg12.9%
Sodium 113.2 mg4.7%
Total Carbohydrates 102 g34%
Dietary Fiber 14.6 g58.5%
Sugars 21.2 g
Protein 29 g57.3%
Vitamin A 144.6% Vitamin C 163%
Calcium 12.3% Iron 40%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet