Corn Stuffed Onions
|Canned whole kernel corn||12 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped canned pimiento||2 Tablespoon|
|Processed american cheese||4 Ounce, shredded to make 1 cup|
1. Pre-heat the oven to 400° F.
2. With a scooping knife, scoop out the centers of the onions.
3. Fill the onion hollows with corn. Keep the remaining corn for future use.
4. Chop the scooped out centers finely to make 1 cup of chopped onions.
5. Take a 9 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan and place the stuffed onions.
6. Add 2 tablespoons of water and cover the pan.
7. In the pre-heated oven, bake the mixture for 1 hour.
8. In a saucepan, place the chopped onions and butter.
9. Cook the onions.
10. Add flour, salt, and pepper and stir them in.
11. Now add the milk.
12. Cook till the sauce is thickened.
13. Add the extra corn and pimiento.
14. Increase the heat and return the sauce to bubbling.
15. Now stir in the cheese gradually, till it melts.
16. Place the baked onions on the serving platter.
17. Pour the sauce over it and serve.