Herbed Corn In Cream
|Fresh sweet corn kernels/2 one pound cans whole kernel corn, drained||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Minced chives||2 Tablespoon (Fresh / Frozen / Freeze Dried)|
|Minced fresh basil/1/8 teaspoon dried basil||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Minced fresh chervil/1/8 teaspoon dried chervil||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. Prepare a double boiler. To do so, place a medium saucepan filled with 3 inches of water, on a medium flame and simmer water.
2. Place a basin or pan that fits into the boiler such that the base of the vessel does not come in direct contact with the simmering water.
3. In the vessel of the double boiler combine corn, cream, butter, chives and chervil.
4. Stir to blend well and cover the vessel with a lid.
5. Allow the corn to cook for 10 minutes until it is tender.
6. Season the corn and cream with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Ladle the corn and cream into a large serving bowl or into individual soup bowls.
8. Garnish with a sprinkle of paprika.