Delicious Scalloped Corn
|Milk||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , lightly beaten|
|Prepared mild yellow mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Whole kernel corn||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Fresh; Drained Frozen Cooked Or Canned)|
|Coarse soda cracker crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Melted butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. Lightly grease a 1 1/2-quart casserole dish with butter.
3. In a saucepan, melt the butter over a medium low flame.
4. Add and stir in the flour and blend well into the butter to make a roux
5. Gradually add the milk to the roux, stirring constantly until well blended.
6. Cook sauce, stirring constantly, until thickened and free of lumps.
7. Take pan off the stove and season the sauce with salt and pepper.
8. Add egg, mustard, and corn and gently stir to mix into the sauce.
9. Pour the mixture into the casserole dish
10. Top with crumbs tossing in the melted butter.
11. Place in the oven to bake for 30 minutes until hot bubbly and golden brown.
12. Serve the Scalloped corn hot, straight from the casserole dish.