2. In a medium-sized bowl, mix together self-rising cornmeal mix, self-rising flour, egg, and gradually pour milk. Mix until just moistened, being sure that the egg gets completely incorporated into the mixture.
3. Gently fold in shredded Pepper-Jack cheese.
4. Brush molds of cornstick pan with peanut oil, and heat it in a 450 degree F oven.
5. Spoon batter into hot pan, filling molds almost to the top.
6. Pop it back into the oven and bake for 6 minutes.
7. Turn the oven to broil and bake for 2-3 minutes to brown off the tops.
8. Remove from the oven, and immediately transfer from the pan to a nice serving dish.
9. Serve immediately with butter and enjoy!
These cheesy, hot corn sticks are a great way to sneak in on some Southern flavors. Be it Thanksgiving or after holiday parties and events, you spread is incomplete without cornbreads. And Betty's feisty, fiery edition of this classic favorite is something you shouldn't miss. Follow the video recipe for more on this.