|Yellow onion||1 Medium, peeled and minced|
|Sweet green pepper||1⁄2 Medium, cored, seeded and finely chopped|
|Stalk celery||1 , finely chopped|
|Bacon drippings||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped seeded peeled tomatoes||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Whole kernel corn||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Fresh / Thawed Frozen / Canned, Drained)|
|Baby okra||6 , sliced 1/2 inch thick|
|Gumbo file||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. In a saucepan, add the drippings and heat over a medium high flame.
2. Add onion, green pepper, and celery to drippings when hot and sauté for 8-10 minutes until onion lightly browned and soft.
3. Tip in the tomatoes, corn, okra and sauté lightly for 1 minute.
4. Cover the saucepan with its lid and simmer vegetables for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Season the soup with salt, pepper and gumbo file.
6. Ladle the hot soup into warmed soup bowls and serve with crusty bread.