Tadpole In A Hole
|Canned whole kernel corn||12 Ounce (1 can, vacuum packed)|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||4 Ounce (1 package, 1 cup)|
|Corn muffin mix||8 1⁄2 Ounce (1 package)|
|Smoked sausage links||5 1⁄2 Ounce (small sized ones, 1 package)|
1. Turn the oven to 400°. Put some shortening on a piece of paper towel or waxed paper. Spread the shortening over the bottom and sides of the baking dish or pan to grease it.
2. Crack the egg into the mixing bowl. With the fork, beat the egg till the yolk and the white are mixed.
3. Add undrained corn and half of the cheese to the egg. Mix well with the wooden spoon. Add the dry muffin mix. Stir till the dry ingredients are wet. (The batter will be thick.)
4. Spoon the batter into the baking dish. With the rubber scraper, scrape the batter from the bowl into the dish.
5. With the scissors, cut open the package of sausages. With paper towels, pat dry the sausage links. Arrange sausage links on top of the batter.
6. Put the dish into the oven. Bake about 30 minutes or till the top is golden. With hot pads, remove the baking dish from the oven. Turn off oven.
7. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Cut into squares. With the pancake turner, lift the squares from the baking dish.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2309 Calories from Fat 1271
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 143 g219.7%
Saturated Fat 49.1 g245.5%
Trans Fat 5.9 g
Cholesterol 474.1 mg158%
Sodium 3886 mg161.9%
Total Carbohydrates 198 g66.2%
Dietary Fiber 8.2 g32.7%
Sugars 63.5 g
Protein 71 g141.2%
Vitamin A 37.3% Vitamin C
Calcium 119.7% Iron 5.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet