|White cornmeal||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Unbleached all purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Add More Quantity As Per Taste)|
|Plain low fat yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Margarine||1 Tablespoon, melted|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°.
2. In a medium-size bowl combine 1 cup of the cornmeal, the flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and pepper. Add the yogurt and margarine and stir until combined.
3. Divide the dough into two portions. Spray a nonstick baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray; lightly dust a rolling pin with cornmeal. Place one portion of dough on the baking sheet and roll it out to a 1/4-inch thickness. Place a sheet of plastic wrap over the dough and roll it out to a 10 x 10-inch square. Remove the plastic wrap. Using a ruler and a sharp knife, cut the dough into 2-inch squares, then into triangles; do not separate them.
4. Bake the crackers 20 minutes, or until crisp and golden. Check after 8 minutes; if the crackers are browning unevenly, turn the baking sheet. Transfer the crackers to a rack to cool (they will separate as you remove them from the pan).
5. Rinse and respray the baking sheet, then make a second batch of crackers in the same fashion.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1082 Calories from Fat 196
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.9%
Saturated Fat 4.7 g23.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 6.8 mg2.3%
Sodium 1402.2 mg58.4%
Total Carbohydrates 191 g63.7%
Dietary Fiber 17.8 g71%
Sugars 25.3 g
Protein 30 g59.1%
Vitamin A 12% Vitamin C 2%
Calcium 24% Iron 51.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet