How To Cook Meat In Slow Cooker
Slow cooking is an excellent choice when it comes to meat because this not only leads to tender, succulent, juicier and more flavorful dishes, but also helps you save time. It also enables easy cooking of tough cuts of meats which are inexpensive for the difficulties involved in cooking them. However, with a slow cooker, the meat is tenderized and made tastier and easier to chew. Some of the best, low-cost cuts of meat to cook in a slow cooker are chuck steak, lamb shanks, pork shoulder, and skirt steak. Trail down to learn the exact procedure involved in cooking meat using a slow cooker or crockpot.
- Raw meat
- A slow cooker
- Take the required quantity of meet either as a whole cut or as pieces of the cuts.
- Clean the meat thoroughly.
- Put the portions in a strainer and wash them twice with hands.
- Initially put the fat or oil in the slow cooker followed by any other ingredient of the recipe may be onion or tomato.
- Place the clean meat portions in the slow cooker above the layer of ingredient.
- Pour adequate water (if required salt) and ensure that the meat is immersed in it. Always use 4-5 times the volume of water to the meat.
- Cook the meat for 8 – 10 hours if in low setting or for 4 -5 hours on high setting in slow cooker until it becomes tender.
Watch the video below on cooking meat using a slow cooker.
Do's And Don'ts:
- If you are using frozen meat, ensure that it is defrosted before placing in the slow cooker.
- Pour water as required since more water may cause over flowing and less water may lead to undercooking/browning.
Advantages Of Cooking Meat In Slow Cooker:
- Nearly all tough cuts of meats can be effortlessly turned into a tender, succulent stew using slow cooker.
- Always brown ground meat, using oil before adding it to slow cooker. If not, the meat will clump together and will need lot of efforts to come out of cooker once it is cooked.
- Slow cooker heats meat over a longer period and retains moisture within the pot and so the meat comes out juicy and tender in spite of its firmer cut.
- Slow cooking also allows meat to better absorb flavors from herbs and spices. Therefore, there is no need to marinate prior to preparation.
Hence folks! Try new exciting recipes with different cuts of meat and relish the taste of the tender and juicier meat for a long time by following the slow cooking method successfully.
Image Credit: sunflower-recipes.blogspot.in
Video Credit: youtube