How To Cook Chicken In Slow Cooker
Cooking chicken in crockpot/slow cooker is one of the most easy and recommended methods followed at home. This method ensures the proper cooking of the fleshes and is an apt way of cooking whole chicken. Learn about the steps to be followed for cooking chicken in a slow cooker by reading on.
- Raw chicken
- A slow cooker with a high setting
- Take the required quantity of chicken either as a whole or as pieces.
- Clean and remove the inedible parts of the chicken.
- Put the portions in a strainer and wash them twice with hands.
- Set the clean chicken in the slow cooker.
- Pour adequate water (if required salt) to cover the chicken. Always use 3-4 times the volume of water to the chicken.
- For about 3hrs heat the chicken in slow cooker on high until it becomes tender.
Take a look at the video on cooking a chicken recipe using slow cooker.
Do's And Don'ts:
- If you are using frozen chicken, ensure that it is defrosted before putting in the slow cooker.
- Pour water as required since more water may cause over flowing and less water may lead to undercooking.
After cooking ,the chicken can be stored in refrigerator and can be used up to a week. if you start it around noon on high and it would be done by 5 or 6 that night. However, the chicken would taste yummy when slow cooked and so try cooking delicious recipes using slow cooker.
Image Credit: ifood.tv/network
Video Credit: youtube