Tips To Make Homemade Pumpkin Seeds
Nothing can be as better as roasted pumpkin seeds If you can prepare them at home. These are rich in antioxidants and essential nutrients which will help you to stay healthy and fit. If you do choose to prepare these at home, here are some quick and easy tips which will help you to make them comfortably.
Roasting pumpkin seeds at home:
1. Separate and wash seeds:
· This is a very important step to prepare roasted pumpkin seeds. Separate all the seeds and wash them well in a large bowl of water.
2. Use dry seeds:
· Remember that for roasting purposes you need to use only dry pumpkin seeds. You can use a hair dryer to dry the seeds if you have washed them. You can also place them in a very warm oven to dry them – in such a case, you need to keep stirring them often to speed up the drying process.
You can prepare these seeds in many variations. Some common ideas are:
· Savory – You can make these seeds savory by sprinkling garlic sauce, Worcestershire sauce and melted butter.
· Lemony- Add a dash of lemon pepper to get that delicious lemony taste.
· Halloweeny – Allspice which is well ground, melted butter, cinnamon, ground ginger and salt can add to the halloweeny taste of the pumpkin seeds.
· Spicy – Cayenne pepper, thyme, salt, pepper and melted butter will add to the spice element of the seeds.
· Natural – To retain the natural taste of the pumpkin seeds simple sprinkle melted butter and salt.
Your homemade pumpkin seeds are going to be really delicious – store them well and use them in different recipes.