Tips To Make Homemade Sunflower Seeds
You can make several jars of roasted sunflower seeds at home and present them as an inexpensive ‘Thank you’ gift and even as a Christmas gift. However, if you do not have any idea about the process of roasting the exciting seeds at home or are simply looking for ideas and tips to prepare these, you have come to the right place. Read on...
Sunflower seeds roasting tips:
- You should rinse the sunflower seeds well so that any excess dust or other kinds of residue is easily removed from the seeds.
- Before you start making roasted sunflower seeds you have to ensure that the seeds are completely dry. Use paper towels to dry these well before you lay them on the cookie sheets.
- Use any type of flavoring you wish before you roast the seeds. Just sprinkle the flavor before baking them.
- Bring a variety to the sunflower seeds you prepare at home by mixing in them onion powder, honey and barbecue sauce. Dehydrated buttermilk can also be added to bring about a great variety which adds to the nutrition count of these seeds.
· It is recommended to bake the sunflower seeds for at least 40 minutes to get their perfect crispiness.
Once you prepare these sunflower seeds you should store them in airtight containers so that they stay fresh for a prolonged period.Happy Roasting!
Image credits: mrsknustgrade2