How To Cook Lemon On A Gas Grill
The idea of grilling lemon on a gas grill might not have occurred to many. However, it is one of the best ways to sober down the highly acidic flavor of the fruit. They are easy to grill on the gas since they can be accommodated on the grill alongside any other vegetable, fish, or meat that is being cooked. Cooking them on the grill also adds that extra exotic feel to this wonderfully versatile fruit used in marinades, sauces, soups, vinaigrettes, glaze, etc. Read on for instructions for the same.
Instructions to Cook Lemon on a Gas Grill
- Wash and pat dry the lemons. Slice them into halves or into rings of ¼-inch thickness.
- Clean grill and preheat it to medium-high temperature.
- Brush lemon slices and halves with olive oil.
- Place them on the grates and cook for about 4 to 5 minutes until the clear insides get tinged with brown.
- Flip the lemons over and cook the other side for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- When done remove from grill and serve squeezed in mocktails.
Tips to Cook Lemon on a Gas Grill
- Stay near grill while cooking lemons since they get ready in a matter of minutes.
- Do not overcook since charred taste does not go well with lemons and overcooking can make it very dry.
Squeeze grilled lemons into sauce or glaze. Cook lemon on a gas grill and add it to recipes for a fresh lemony flavor.