How To Cook Trout On A Gas Grill
Trout is a fish married to the grill because of two reasons. It is a large fish and can be easily grilled, and trout takes to the smoky flavor of the gas grill very deliciously. A little bit of lemon juice, some fresh herbs, and a fresh trout is all that is required for a lovely gas grilled fish dish. Let us see how to get this wonderful dish ready.
Steps to Cook Trout on a Gas Grill
- Freshly caught trout is the best candidate for gas grill, but ones purchased from the markets would also do fine.
- Wash and clean the trout well.
- Season insides with rosemary (fresh).
- Clean grill and preheat to medium-high temperature.
- Place trout in the grill and cook for about 4 to 5 minutes. Flip and then cook the other side for another 4 to 5 minutes.
- Trout is ready when it flakes easily and the flesh turns an opaque white.
Watch the video for more information on the same:
Tips to Cook Trout on a Gas Grill
- Be very gentle while flipping the fish over in the grill.
- While using frozen trout, make sure to thaw them completely prior to cooking.
- Do not ever overcook trout since this can cause the fish to become dry.
Trout is a very delicate fish and unless the moisture is maintained, it would not taste good once grilled. Hence, cook trout on a gas grill with care and enjoy a delicious grilled trout meal.
Image credit: mrfisherman.wordpress.com/
Video credit: youtube.com/