How To Cook Drumsticks On A Gas Grill
Grilled drumsticks are a favorite of any barbecue. The secret of grilling it the right way is to use the right marinade and most improtantly keeping a keen eye on the heat. Since, this can be a difficult task in traditional grills, gas grills with their easy heat controls work the best for preparing yummilicious drumsticks. Read on to learn how to do it well.
Steps to Cook Drumsticks on the Grill
Chicken drumsticks are the most preferred, albeit turkey drumsticks too taste good.
- Marinate the drumstick in desired marinade. Place the drumsticks in a zipper lock bag or bowl and add in the marinade. The basic marinade can include lemon juice, salt, pepper, and some soy sauce. Shake the bag to evenly coat the drumsticks and let marinate for about 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Clean the grill very well.
- Preheat the gas grill to medium temperature and keep it covered.
- Place the drumsticks on the grill one by one and cook covered for 5 minutes.
- Flip the drumstick and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Peel the flesh off the drumstick to check if it is thoroughly cooked.
- If the meat is white in color, it is ready.
- Return to the grill if meat is pink in color and cook for another 5 minutes.
Watch the video for more information on the same:
Tips to Cook Drumsticks on the Gas Grill
- Drumsticks cook quickly and hence do not leave grill unattended.
- Make sure that the meat is thoroughly cooked to prevent bacterial contamination.
- Soy sauce, hoisin sauce can be used for marinating drumsticks.
Cook drumsticks on a gas grill and serve garnished with sesame seeds and fresh scallions. Grilled drumsticks taste yummy when served with rice and salads too. Try it!
Video credit: youtube.com/