How To Cook Tofu On A Gas Grill
Grilled tofu can be a good addition to a BBQ menu especially when you are expecting a few vegan/vegetarian friends for lunch. Tofu being quick to cook, works prefectly well on a gas grill. However, one needs to be careful about the heat, since over cooking can turn the dish rubbery. Read on for step-by-step guide and some handy tips on how to grill tofu…
Steps to Cook Tofu on the Gas Grill
- Clean grill and spray it generously with non-stick cooking spray.
- Preheat grill to medium-high temperature.
- Use extra firm or firm tofu for grilling.
- Squeeze out excess liquid from tofu.
- Marinate it in desired marinade for about 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Tofu can be grilled directly on the grates but tastes better when grilled skewered.
- If using wooden skewers, immerse it in water for 30 minutes.
- Now, string tofu pieces onto the skewer.
- Place on the grill and cook each side for about 7 to 8 minutes.
- Keep basting tofu with the leftover marinade.
- Once done, remove from grill and serve with grilled vegetables.
Watch the video for more information:
Tips to Cook Tofu on a Gas Grill
- Tofu can get stuck onto the grill and hence clean it very well.
- Tofu can be frozen and then thawed prior to grilling since this would facilitate absorption of the marinade.
- Try any barbecue marinade, or vinaigrette for marinating tofu.
No vegetarian barbecue is complete without grilled tofu. Cook tofu on the grill and enjoy this low fat, high protein, tasty ingredient.
Image credit: flickerfarm.wordpress.com/
Video credit: youtube.com/