How To Cook Spinach On A Gas Grill
Now, spinach might not seem the right candidate to be tossed in the grill but surprisingly, spinach does taste great when grilled. Grilling spinach gives the leaves a smoky flavor and can be considered to be the easiest way to conjure up a meal in the outdoors in a matter of minutes. Spinach is highly nutritious and being able to cook it on a gas grill opens up new ways to enjoy this green vegetable. Read on to know how to cook spinach …
Steps to Cook Spinach on the Gas Grill
- Wash spinach well in cold water and trim the stems. Make sure that all lose dirt is washed away.
- Clean the grill and preheat it to medium-high temperature.
- Take a large piece of aluminum foil and brush it with olive oil or vegetable oil.
- Place the spinach leaves in a pile in the center of the foil and season with salt.
- Fold the foil and make a packet containing spinach.
- Place spinach packet on the grill and let cook for 10 minutes.
- Once leaves wilt, remove package from grill. Open it carefully and serve the leaves.
- Grilled spinach can be pureed and used as dipping or sauce.
Watch the video to learn how to make grilled spinach and mushroom pizza:
Tips to Cook Spinach on a Gas Grill
- For extra or added flavor, season spinach with lemon juice, garlic, ginger, minced onion, orange juice etc.
- Do not grill spinach for over 10 minutes to prevent charring of the leaves.
- Open aluminum foil gently since wilted leaves can be damaged easily.
Image credit: foodsgalore.wordpress.com/
Video credit: youtube.com/