How To Cook Eggplant On A Gas Grill
Eggplants are a perfect candidate for gas grilling for several reasons. 1 - Grilling enhances the flavor and texture of this delicious and versatile vegetable. 2 - The flesh of eggplants takes on an irresistible smoky flavor when grilled. 3 - Being quick to cook, the easy heat controls on a gas grill help prevent over cooking and buring. So, with no further ado, let us see how to grill eggplant perfectly.
Steps to Cook Eggplant
- Select large purple colored eggplants for grilling.
- Wash eggplant well under cool water.
- Trim the stalk and the base.
- Place it on a cutting board and slice into rings of 1 to 2 inch thickness.
- Season slices with salt, pepper, garlic powder and sprinkle olive oil over them.
- Let marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium temperature and make sure that the grates are clean.
- Place eggplant slices on grill. Alternately, place them in a grill pan.
- Grill for about 7 to 8 minutes and then flip eggplant over and grill for another 7 minutes.
- Eggplant becomes tender and soft on grilling.
- Serve grilled eggplant with Parmesan cheese.
Watch the video for more information:
Tips to Cook Eggplant on a Gas Grill
- Make sure that eggplant does not dry out on the grill.
- Do not marinate for more than 30 minutes, since eggplant tends to get mushy when marinated for a long time.
Cook eggplant on the grill and serve as side dish for pastas, chicken, pork or seafood.
Video credit: youtube.com/